We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working with multiple stakeholders.
Croud invests heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams. The Senior Developer plays a crucial role in helping drive the engineering effort forward, and in shaping Croud’s multi-stream product strategy. The role involves extensive interaction with third party services and partners, so knowledge of consuming and creating RESTful APIs is also advantageous.
The Croud Control application consists of a number of clearly separated services - primarily using Django Rest Framework, though other frameworks and languages are used for specific parts of functionality.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with the ability to think laterally is a must for this role. The Senior Tools Developer would report to the Agency Technical Director, and would work closely with the Croud Engineering and Product teams.
There will also be opportunities for developing junior team members in the future as the team grows as well as project management through liaising with external resources to ensure tasks are completed on time.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
- Work directly with the Technical Director and Product Director to lead the development of Croud ‘tools’ - standalone applications focussed on consuming third party data
- Manage the maintenance of any developed tools, ensuring parity with third party API versions and feature deprecations
- Create and maintain documentation to support any development of tools and operation in a production environment
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Ongoing management of bug fixes and product refinements
- Line Manager: Technical Director
- Key stakeholders: Product Director, Chief Technology Officer, Head of Product
- Other stakeholders: Engineering Team, Product Team
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- Familiarity of common design patterns, modern frameworks and secure coding standards
- Experienced with data manipulation from third party sources
- Ability to lead the development and delivery of a feature, with the confidence to make technical decisions autonomously, and to clearly communicate the reasoning behind them
- Responsible for following coding standards, builds appropriate unit, integration and load tests, and deployment scripts across the team
- Responsible for translating specification documentation provided by the product team into clearly defined functionality
- Responsible for developing, compiling and unit test building for delivery to QA
- Responsible for timely planning and execution of amendments due to relevant third party API updates
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Share option scheme
- Agile working policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.