Freelance Copy Editor
Managed from four hubs around the world, the Croudie Network is made up of digital marketing experts in over 100 markets, speaking 80+ languages. Our Croudies specialize in all aspects of digital marketing – from Paid Media and Analytics to Content, Creative and Localisation.
Being part of the Croudie Network gives you the freedom to choose the jobs you want, whilst offering the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading brands, with access to the latest technology.
We are looking for a master of the English written word. Someone who can bring life and structure to prose and understands how to make the most mundane of topics more buoyant. You will command a client’s tone of voice seamlessly and will be the last port of call for all written copy that makes it to our client’s inboxes. You will understand how to write for a digital audience and take data driven briefs to create and inject flair to the final product.
You are organized, punctual, and highly driven. You are able to meet deadlines and understand the importance of commercials in the pursuit of copy goals.
- Liaise directly with our SEO team about briefs
- Edit copy according to specifications for style, tone, and length, whilst ensuring correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ensure articles, manuals, proposals, and other publications meet style, formatting, and client quality standards
- Ensure publications are completed on time and within applicable budget constraints
- Rewrite copy from writers where required
- Develop a content calendar and ideas for content
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 5+ Years experience in copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Demonstrable experience aligning to brand tone of voice and executing flawlessly
- Attention to detail with impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Appreciation for the importance of SEO, Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), and creating copy for a specific theme, on a URL by URL basis, in the pursuit of SEO success
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or a related field required
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Proven track record of working to and meeting deadlines
- Experience in using SEO content tools (e.g. Clearscope, Frase) is an advantage
- Experience in SEO keyword research and tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs is an advantage
Ready to start your application and become a Croudie? Start your onboarding process here.
*Please note this a not a full time opportunity with benefits* Freelance Only
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.