Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting.
We are looking for a highly intelligent, charismatic and creative thinking individual who is passionate about digital marketing, in particular SEO. The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with a creative flair is a must for this role along with a proactive, can do attitude to everything, willing to take a risk, challenge and push through change.
The purpose of this role is to manage the client Organic performance teams, supporting all levels from Executives to Directors to deliver best in class organic performance strategies for our clients, whilst maintaining operational and commercial efficiencies in the work and resources delivered to clients.
You will work closely with the Director of Organic Performance to ensure client strategies are first-class, as well as helping to ensure our product remains cutting edge. You will be responsible for client pods, and maintain close relationships with the Web Experience and Content & Creative teams to ensure their teams are being used effectively to grow client performance.
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 3 days a week based in our Shrewsbury office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
- Own and develop the Organic strategy across your client teams, acting as a strategic consultant for the client, using your experience to help guide, but also challenge where necessary
- Work closely with your SEO Account Directors, Web Experience and Content & Creative teams to ensure a cohesive, performance-lead, Organic strategy is delivered across your client base
- Be the senior point of contact for your client stakeholders across SEO, Content, Technical SEO and Organic Social
- Overall line management of client teams. Direct line management of Account Directors, managing monthly 1:1s, Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPRs) & Career Development Plans, offering support and guidance on daily client operations and performance across the team to Account Directors, SEO Managers and Senior SEO Managers
- Contribute to Sales & Marketing as required. Leading the Organic response in pitches, or supporting the team’s involvement as required. Also contributing to and supporting marketing activities, e.g. blog posts, award entries and speaking at industry events
- Support the development of the performance content, technical and organic performance offering and ensure it aligns and works with SEO, working with Director of Organic Performance, Heads of and Account Directors
- Advocate company policy and process, actively seek client retention and ensure that the team is following your example. Actively work to deliver and ensure team works to deliver against business goals such as margin, NPS, and journal completion
- Surprise and delight clients through innovation, knowledge share & insight; working with the Account Directors to highlight successes on a weekly basis (monthly for smaller clients).
- Work closely with Client Strategy and wider cross-channel teams to effectively communicate client objectives / challenges to your client teams, ensuring clarity is maintained on the overarching strategy and goal, and ensure the Organic strategy complements wider channel activity (e.g. Paid Media)
- Have accountability of client budgets, distributing where necessary across SEO, Technical SEO and Content based on what will drive the best performance for clients.
- Passionate about SEO and digital marketing
- In-depth demonstrable experience in an SEO role within a digital organisation
- Expert knowledge of current SEO best practices and the latest SEO strategies
- Proven track record in delivering SEO performance in highly competitive markets
- A clear understanding of other digital marketing activities than SEO, clear understanding of the management of cross channel activities
- Proven experience of client insight development, spotting future industry changes and being one step ahead of the curve
- Proven ability to mentor and lead a results-driven team to strive to always exceed targets
- Highly organised multi-tasker with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation skills. Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- The ability to autonomously identify opportunities, generate ideas and formulate strategies
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits.
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
On completion of the three-month probation period, every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours)
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.