Front End Developer
Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
Croud continues to grow rapidly, and our industry is evolving. A competitive edge for digital advertisers will increasingly be found in how they leverage their proprietary technology to drive efficiency and deliver exceptional results for clients.
Croud is a digital agency unlike any other, as well as a core team of highly talented individuals across a huge range of disciplines, Croud operate a global network for freelance professionals (Croudies), this network provides unparalleled reach, scale and capacity to deliver work of the highest quality to our clients. Croud also invest heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams. The Front End Developer plays a crucial role in helping drive the engineering effort forward, and in shaping Croud’s multi-stream product strategy.
The successful candidate would report to the Senior Front End Developer and Director of Engineering, and would work closely with the Croud Engineering and Product teams.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working with multiple stakeholders. Croud’s suite of technical solutions include both exciting green field projects, sitting alongside Croud Control - our proprietary technology that underpins the entire business, and is responsible for the delivery and management of marketing based tasks distributed across our network of digital specialists.
This role is responsible for supporting the design and development of the rich frontend applications for Croud Control and related products, and primarily new initiatives where we want to move quickly.
This is a hands-on development role and so strong technical and problem solving skills are essential. Croud has standardised on VueJS as the frontend framework, so experience with this and the related ecosystem is also essential. We pride ourselves on following best practices and secure coding standards.
The candidate will work closely with the Senior Front End Engineer to deliver an agreed feature roadmap. An enquiring mind and enthusiasm to explore new technologies is encouraged - every individual in the team has the opportunity to shape the future of Croud products.
Key Activities / Duties:
- Working directly with the Senior Front End Developer and Director of Engineering to support the development of Croud’s frontend applications
- Working closely with with other team members to help design and develop any requested roadmap features and support smaller, fast-moving projects
- Create and maintain documentation to support any development and operation in a production environment.
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes
- Ensure that all code is developed with a Security-First approach and is in accordance with a defined SDLC - all code must be peer reviewed prior to final QA
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Ongoing management of bug fixes and product refinements
- A comprehensive understanding of HTML, CSS, SVG and other basic web technologies and standards
- Familiarity with common design patterns, modern frameworks, build processes and secure coding standards
- The ability to benchmark, profile and optimise browser based applications
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs efficiently and defensively
- A working knowledge of GraphQL is useful
- Responsible for following coding standards, builds appropriate unit, integration and load tests, and deployment scripts across the team. Integration testing will ultimately include working with QA to build out a dedication regression testing suite using Selenium or Cypress
- Responsible for translating specification documentation provided by the product team into clearly defined functionality
- Responsible for developing, compiling/transpiling and unit test building for delivery to QA
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Front End Developer
Loading application form
Already working at Croud?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.