Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
We are recruiting for a Data Scientist to work in the context of digital advertising and marketing. The successful candidate will join a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. Croud has a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work.
Croud is investing in Data Solutions as a strategic priority, and the role sits within the Data Science & Tools (DS&T) team. The DS&T team brings together a number of capabilities that drive cutting edge development in a number of critical areas for the business. The remit is to drive innovation & revenue by developing:
- Client-facing, revenue-driven data science solutions
- Internal tools to be used within the agency
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
You will be joining the Data Science squad within the Data Science & Tools team, reporting to a Senior Data Scientist. Your main purpose is to deliver client projects and development of production-level media activation and effectiveness solutions.
The postholder is expected to:
- be very hands-on in coding;
- have a solid understanding of a range of statistical modelling/machine learning;
- have experience with cloud-based data science workflow & architecture;
- deliver client projects in time and to the standard required.
The successful candidate will contribute delivering a variety of projects, including:
- lead scoring propensity models;
- media mix modelling;
- experimental studies.
- They will also work alongside our data engineers to deliver a range of business analytics projects, e.g. by designing the data pipelines feeding a front end application, the monitoring processes.
- Developing new solutions. This could be new project ideas that have been sold to clients (but have yet to be delivered), or even brand new territories that the company has yet to venture into.
- Train, validate and optimise a range of ML models, especially in the context of propensity modelling.
- Productionise solutions. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Senior Data Scientist to implement the solutions above into Google Cloud Platform.
- Design experiments, from AB testing to causal inference.
- Contributing to a reusable codebase of data products, libraries and tools to be used within the team.
- Promote the use of standardised practice within the Data Science team.
Programming. The successful candidate must be very hands on when it comes to coding, being able to build and test their code with high autonomy . In particular, they must demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Python (and its core/ML related libraries) is a must.
- Proficiency in SQL is also required.
- Experience with git and Github platform features (PRs, workflows, etc.).
- An attitude to proactively contribute to a code review culture will be highly valued.
- Ability to write, optimise and maintain production level code is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of R is a plus.
ML algorithms and statistical modelling.
- Knowledge of classical algorithms for ML, especially for classification and clustering is essential.
- Experience with statistical methods for testing (e.g. causal impact) is also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of NLP and/or optimisation is a plus.
- Previous experience of developing ML solutions in the context of digital marketing will be taken into consideration, but is not required.
Tech and engineering.
- Hands-on experience with data integration (APIs, databases and warehousing)
- Dbt is highly valued.
- Practical knowledge with cloud computing and deployment (to both deliver and develop solutions) is important. Any mainstream cloud service (GCP, AWS, etc) would be fine, but GCP experience is highly desirable.
- Any of the following will be considered as a plus: web scraping, REST API development (e.g. using flask, FastApi or similar), simple front-end development (e.g. panel, streamlit or rshiny) and/or advanced data visualisation.
- Accountability and will to improve are essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to present your result to a variety of stakeholders.
- Being a team player.
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.
- Data Science & Tools
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Croud?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.