Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
We are looking for an intelligent, charismatic and creative thinking individual who is passionate about building a career in Ad Operations.
The aim of the role is to support clients and channel teams with all aspects of technical onboarding for new clients - establishing tracking requirements and the successful and accurate installation, and ongoing maintenance, of required tracking tags.
The role will also involve supporting existing clients, ensuring a consistent and ‘best practice’ approach to tracking is delivered by Croud to all our clients. Also that we remain ahead of industry developments such as Google's Consent Mode and Server-side tracking technologies.
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
- Responsible for the accurate implementation and tracking (as per client KPIs) of media campaigns within 3rd Party Ad Serving programs by display, social, paid search, analytics and data science teams.
- Ensure Ad Ops function is proactive in the recommendation of advertising technology solutions to internal client teams based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s requirements, marketing objectives and technical capabilities.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the process of receiving and processing tracking requests through the ticketing system and developing a prioritisation framework with internal & external customers.
- Develop the relationship, and be the point of contact in the agency, for tracking and trafficking practises with partners such as, but not limited to, Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, LinkedIn and Tealium.
- Ensure that the production, accuracy and organisation of all trafficking and tracking documents sent to the internal teams and clients matches the high standards of the agency and follows industry best practices
- Ensure that processes and agreed SLAs are followed, and campaigns are set up accurately, and develop operational efficiencies.
- Develop the integration and use of data in our proprietary tech stack (full training will be provided).
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry standards in ad technology, including ad verification, view-ability, and programmatic ad serving.
- Proficient in the use of Google Tag Manager (and/or other Tag Management Solutions)
- Experienced in project management, either through specific training or through gained experience
- Proven analytical and numerical ability with clear attention to detail
- The ability to talk about, and translate complex technical issues to internal and external stakeholders in both technical and non-technical speak
- Clear understanding of the online Advertising ecosystem, concepts and commercial relationships
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics preferable
- Passionate about operational processes and customer service
- Knowledge of MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
On top of that, you’ll be someone who
- Is resilient and confident in a high expectation, performance-based, fast-paced business
- Has a hunger to succeed and is self-motivated
- Is organised and brilliant at prioritisation and decision making
- Has the ability to absorb complex technical and commercial information
- Has the ability to work within a team and as an individual to deliver results
- Has strong analytical skills and is both analytical and creative in their problem solving
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.