Croud is an Independent, full service digital marketing agency with offices in New York, London Los Angeles, & Shrewsbury. Our business model is truly unique, with Campaign awarding us Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year. Our team is supported by our global network of over 2,500 “Croudies'' as well as our proprietary technology, Croud Control.
Our business is built on our reputation and performance – and that’s won us partnerships with some amazing brands like General Electric, Amazon Music, Vans, Audible, New York Presbyterian, FIGS and many more. Located in the heart of Soho, our New York office is home to a group of highly-skilled digital experts, passionate about driving innovation and delivering great work for our clients. We’re now ready to grow bigger and better, which means expanding with a smart and focussed business development team.
As a result, we are looking to hire a Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will need to be results-driven and passionate about digital marketing. In return, you’ll get the support and autonomy to accelerate your career and your compensation.
Ideal attributes we are looking for in a successful Business Development Manager:
Consultative Sales Approach
We take a consultative – not aggressive – approach to sales. We’re keen to see a strong understanding of and genuine interest in tech and media.
Passionate with Lead Generation
We want our sales team to be enthusiastic about lead generation and they’re rewarded accordingly. An individual who can network and acquire new leads is who we're ideally looking for.
This is a performance-based role with significant upside for the right candidate. We want to see examples of how you’ve consistently beaten targets and expectations before.
Experience in digital marketing sales is a huge advantage. We want someone who will challenge us and look for new ways to improve our proposition, our pitching style and client win rate. Essentially delivering long term and profitable relationships to the business.
Excellent face-to-face and written communication to a senior level is essential. You’ll also help to create and improve our Business Development collateral. Confidence in your presenting ability and product knowledge goes hand in hand with this.
Find out more about Croud NY in here!
- Fundamentals: Develop your understanding of Croud: what we do, how we do it, and what’s important to our clients. This will be essential in pitching us to the best of your ability
- Targets: Take ownership of your lead and sales targets, then exceed them. Your focus will be lead generation for the US business unit
- Relationships: Build and maintain meaningful relationships with your prospects and our clients, based on trust, integrity and value
- Communications: Create and continuously improve sales emails, collateral, including proposals and presentations
- Sales process: Understand who we need to speak to, in what companies, when we should speak to them with valuable communication
- Continual improvement: Always look to see how we can improve everything we do: from proposals to our product.
- Event Support & Coordination: Networking at external events and assisting with the ideation and execution of Croud-run events across the US market (for clients and prospects); coordinating attendance at relevant industry events; coming up with ideas for event sponsorship and implementing.
Your performance will be evaluated on your output and results and you’ll have our support to achieve them.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic about Lead Generation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales or marketing support, lead generation and/or inside sales in Digital Media or Tech sales.
- Understanding of the new business process
- Curiosity of different aspects of Digital Marketing; for example data solutions, digital performance, growth marketing
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Strong networking and people skills
- Highly organized and an ability to multi-task
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of working with deadlines and hitting KPI's
- Proven ability to negotiate and persuade
- The ability to autonomously identify opportunities, generate leads and formulate strategies
- Digital Advertising Agency experience is a huge plus
- Line Manager: Director, Business Development
- Key Stakeholders: US MD, CEO, Global Sales Team
- Other stakeholders: US Channel Teams, US Client Strategy Team, US Hiring Team
Every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 20 days vacation a year + 12 public holidays
- 401K Plan after 3 Months (Match up to 2% of your contributions at 100%)
- Full Paid Medical Insurance (No employee contribution)
- Home office chair and monitor
- Free Citi Bike membership
- Classpass contributions
- Fruit, breakfast cereals, snacks, soft drinks and tea & coffee all provided
- Quarterly team offsites / Regular socials
- Agile working policy
Salary Range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000 per year. This role is also commission based and is evaluated on the closing of new business.
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on; among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, color, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.