Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
Croud continues to grow rapidly, and our industry is evolving. A competitive edge for digital advertisers will increasingly be found in how they leverage their proprietary technology to drive efficiency and deliver exceptional results for clients.
At Croud, we have a a core team of highly talented individuals across a huge range of disciplines. Croud operate a global network for freelance professionals (Croudies), this network provides unparalleled reach, scale and capacity to deliver work of the highest quality to our clients. Croud also invest heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams.
We are recruiting for a Back End Developer to help drive the engineering effort forward, while shaping Croud’s multi-stream product strategy. We’re looking for a highly motivated software developer, comfortable working with a close-knit engineering team. The role is a Python based development role for our core USP - Croud Control - which is responsible for the delivery and management of marketing based tasks distributed across our network of digital specialists.
The role requires strong technical skills and experience working with Python and Django to develop highly scalable publicly accessible API services. Croud Tech encourages a genuine DevOps culture, and the applicant will have the opportunity to learn how to implement and deploy code directly to testing environments for further QA. This role also provides the opportunity to input into the technical design of the Croud Control API, under the guidance of product and technical stakeholders.
The successful candidate would report to the Director of Engineering, with technical guidance from the Senior Back End Developer. The candidate would also work closely with the Croud Engineering and Product teams.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
- Work directly with the Senior Back End Engineer and Director of Engineering to lead the development of the Croud Control API
- Support the design and documentation of scalable RESTful API services that will be consumed by both internal applications and third parties
- Ensure that all code is developed in accordance to a defined SDLC
- Create and maintain documentation to support any development and operation in a production environment
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to progressing to final QA
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Ongoing management of bug fixes and product refinements
- Follow coding standards
- Build appropriate unit, integration and load tests, and deployment scripts across the team
- Translate specification documentation provided by the product team into clearly defined functionality
- Develop, compile and unit test building for delivery to QA
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- In-depth, demonstrable experience in software development using Python with excellent knowledge of the language and libraries.
- Experience with Django, and understanding of other frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI, AWS Chalice is also beneficial
- Familiarity of common design patterns, modern frameworks and secure coding standards
- An understanding of efficient RESTful design patterns is essential.
- An understanding of OAuth 2.0, OpenID and any other authentication/authorization models
- Experienced with data manipulation from third party sources
- Strong undertanding of coding standards
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sales commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.