A genuinely different digital marketing agency. We’re connected to on-demand digital marketing specialists the world over via our proprietary technology, Croud Control. We do SEO, PPC, Social, Programmatic, Content & Analytics. We're in New York, London, and Sydney and work effectively with independent digital specialists in nearly 100 international markets to complete projects for our diverse client portfolio. We want you to be part of our growing team in New York.
We are looking for a master of the English written word. Someone who can bring life and structure to prose and understands how to make the most mundane of topics more buoyant. You can command a client’s tone of voice seamlessly and will be the last port of call for all written copy that makes it to our client’s inboxes. You understand how to write for a digital audience and can take data driven briefs and create and inject flair to the final product.
You are organized, punctual and highly driven. You are able to meet deadlines and understand the importance of commercials in the pursuit of copy goals. Ideal candidates will want to build a team of copywriters that they can manage and will 100% be given the tools and freedom to do so. Entrepreneurial traits are well compensated at Croud.
Edit copy according to specifications for style, tone, and length, while also ensuring correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Ensures articles, manuals, proposals and other publications meet style, formatting and client‘s quality standards.
Ensures publications are completed on time and within applicable budget constraints.
Rewrite copy from writers should rewrites be required
Manage a stable of freelance copywriters; brief, feedback and liaise with them regularly
Help with recruitment of new writers using your own personal rolodex
Develop a content calendar and develop ideas for content
- 5+ Years of experience in copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Demonstrable experience aligning to brand tone of voice and executing flawlessly
- Attention to detail with impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding the importance of SEO, Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), and creating copy for a specific theme on a URL by URL basis, in the pursuit of SEO success
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related field requiredStrong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Proven track record of working to and meeting deadlines
- Experience of using SEO content tools (e.g. Clearscope, Frase) an advantage
- Experience of SEO keyword research and tools such as SEMrush, Ahrefs an advantage
- Other languages skills a plus (e.g. German, Spanish, French, Italian)
Every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
- 20 days vacation a year + 10 public holidays
- 401k plan
- Equity in Croud US following six months of employment
- Full Paid Medical Insurance (including dental and vision)
- Home office chair and monitor
- Free Citi Bike membership
- Sales commission (if involved in a pitch)
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Classpass membership contributions
- Fruit, breakfast cereals, snacks, soft drinks and tea & coffee all provided
- Quarterly team offsites / Regular socials
- Agile working policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.