Croud is one of the fastest growing, most accomplished digital agencies in the world. We work with large global brands and fast-moving eCommerce players in 122 markets, accelerating their digital campaigns with our crowd-sourced network of digital experts and proprietary tech. We’re now focused on our next stage of growth, and we’re looking for experienced Planners to help us achieve it.
Together, we want to create a new type of account planning: one that is based on established tools & techniques, combined with search, performance data and customer analytics, to deliver truly data-driven brand and performance solutions for our clients. If you’re a digitally-savvy comms planner looking for a new challenge at a truly unique agency, we want to hear from you.
As a planning expert, you’ll excel at turning data - whether it’s on audience behavior or campaign performance - into actionable insights. Ideally, you’ll have experience in working with digital channels, and will have a clear understanding of digital measurement and targeting, and what they mean for the planning and optimization of media campaigns.
Alongside that, you’ll be adept at using audience and market insight to direct your planning work, using industry tools to surface data that will help Croud’s clients make informed decisions about their audience, the markets they operate in and their competitors.
You’ll also have experience working closely with clients, helping them to solve problems and make smart decisions about how to invest their digital media budgets. You’ll be present at stages of the campaign planning process: interpreting a client’s objectives, creating measurement frameworks, writing incisive strategy, building testing methodologies and diagnosing performance.
As well as helping our clients plan their campaigns, you’ll be closely involved with monitoring performance in real-time, passing insight back to Croud’s channel experts and helping them to build a holistic view of their campaigns. You’ll help to decipher digital measurement and return on investment, and act as counsel to some of Croud’s biggest and most prestigious clients alongside our dedicated Strategy & Planning team.
We also want our planners to get closely involved with planning and pitching for new business opportunities, helping to win new prospects and grow existing accounts.
You’ll be interested in learning more about the other parts of the digital marketing world and how they interact to drive client success: content, SEO and creative. Over time you’ll be encouraged to develop your skills and expand the scope of your role to meet evolving client needs. We’re looking for someone who can apply creativity and imagination to their campaign planning, and who can successfully develop and pitch big new media initiatives.
Work closely with senior client stakeholders to identify and solve key marketing challenges, as well as internal collaboration with other teams at Croud to pull plans together
Cross-channel media planning, ensuring that investment decisions made on behalf of clients are rigorously informed by all the available data
Develop media strategy and recommendations under Senior Media Planner guidance
Present media plans and provide plan maintenance including objectives/strategies and updates
Define audiences through segmentation and personas for clients through various planning tools at your disposal
Maintain stewardship of reports including competitive analysis using Strategy software to assess media schedules of competitors, interpret data and draw conclusions
Prepare flowcharts and budgets for media plan development and maintenance
Oversee measurement and testing strategy across channels, driving constant improvements in performance
Review and verify media buys to ensure proper execution
Meet with vendor community to analyze value and applicability of media channels for client media plan
Oversee various audience, market intelligence projects, ensuring that work is insightful and actionable
Drive revenue for Croud through existing account growth and contribution to business development
Complex marketing problem solving; turning solutions into strategies or new products to present back to clients
- 1.5+ Years of media planning experience
- Demonstrable in-depth experience as an Assistant Planner. We’re open to candidates from media or digital planning backgrounds, or who currently work in strategy roles
- Experience of campaign planning that has driven demonstrable results for clients
- Experience of presenting to clients and ’selling-in’ ideas, and of working closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business objectives
- Solid written and verbal skills, with ability to present to clients, maintain client correspondence and internal documentation
- Detail-oriented, good follow through, able to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to learn new proprietary software and processes quickly and proficiently
- Hands-on experience of key digital marketing platforms is preferred. These include (but are not limited to) Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, DV360
- Hands-on experience of industry planning & insight tools is a nice-to-have. These include (but are not limited to) GlobalWebIndex, SimilarWeb, Statista, Pathmatics, E-marketer
- All the essentials: Excel/GSheets, Powerpoint/GSlides
Line Manager: Senior Media Planner
Key Stakeholders: Director of Strategy & Planning
Other stakeholders: US MD
Every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 20 days vacation a year + 10 public holidays
- Sales commission
- 401k plan
- Equity in Croud US following six months of employment
- Full Paid Medical Insurance (including dental and vision)
- New Laptop provided
- Home office chair and monitor
- Free Citi Bike membership
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Classpass membership contributions
- Fruit, breakfast cereals, snacks, soft drinks and tea & coffee all provided
- Quarterly team offsites / Regular socials
- Agile working policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, color, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.