Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
Croud is one of the fastest growing, most accomplished digital agencies in the world. We work with massive global brands and fast-moving eCommerce players in 122 markets, accelerating their digital campaigns with our crowd-sourced network of digital experts and proprietary technology. We’re now focused on our next stage of growth, and we’re looking for experienced Planners to help us achieve it.
Together, we want to create a new type of account planning: one that is based on established tools & techniques, combined with search, performance data and customer analytics, to deliver truly data-driven brand and performance solutions for our clients. If you’re a digitally-savvy media or comms planner looking for a new challenge at a truly unique agency, we want to hear from you.
As an experienced Planner, you’ll excel at turning data - whether it’s on audience behaviour or campaign performance - into actionable insights. Ideally, you’ll have experience in working with digital channels, and will have a clear understanding of digital measurement and targeting, and what they mean for the planning and optimisation of media campaigns.
Alongside that, you’ll be adept at using audience and market insight to direct your planning work, using industry tools to surface data that will help Croud’s clients make informed decisions about their audience, the markets they operate in and their competitors.
You’ll also have experience working closely with clients, helping them to solve problems and make smart decisions about how to invest their digital media budgets. You’ll be present at every stage of the campaign planning process: interpreting a client’s objectives, creating measurement frameworks, building testing methodologies and diagnosing performance issues.
As well as helping our clients plan their campaigns, you’ll be closely involved with monitoring performance in real-time, passing insight back to Croud’s channel experts and helping them to build a holistic view of their campaigns. You’ll help to decipher digital measurement and return on investment, and act as counsel to some of Croud’s biggest and most prestigious clients alongside our dedicated Client Strategy team.
We also want our planners to get closely involved with planning and pitching for new business opportunities, helping to win new prospects and grow existing accounts. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to step up to a more senior position, being actively involved in new business and projects to drive account growth.
You’ll be interested in learning more about the other parts of the digital marketing world and how they interact to drive client success: content, SEO and creative. Our Strategy & Planning team is a broad church, and over time you’ll be encouraged to develop your skills and expand the scope of your role to meet evolving client needs. We’re looking for someone who can apply creativity and imagination to their campaign planning, and who can successfully develop and pitch big new media initiatives.
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
- Work closely with client stakeholders to identify and solve key marketing challenges, as well as internal collaboration with other teams at Croud to pull plans together
- Cross-channel media planning, ensuring that investment decisions made on behalf of clients are rigorously informed by all the available data
- Help to deliver measurement and testing strategy across channels, driving constant improvements in performance
- Help to deliver audience, market and competitor intelligence projects, ensuring that work is insightful and actionable
- Contribute to new business pitches, working alongside a Planning Director
- Work closely with Planning Directors in the Strategy & Planning team to deliver all of the above
- Demonstrable in-depth experience as a Planner or Account Manager in a comms or media planning role (We’re open to candidates from comms, media or digital planning backgrounds, or who currently work in strategy roles)
- Experience in campaign planning that has driven demonstrable results for clients
- Experience in CPG and/or multi-brand Retail a bonus, but not a requirement
- Experience presenting to clients and ’selling-in’ ideas, and working closely with stakeholders to understand their business objectives
- Hands-on experience of key digital marketing platforms is preferred. These include (but are not limited to) Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, DV360
- Hands-on experience in industry planning & insight tools is a nice-to-have. These include (but are not limited to) TGI, GlobalWebIndex, SimilarWeb
- All the essentials: Excel/GSheets, Powerpoint/GSlides
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. Every member of the team is offered share options in the company, meaning we all have genuine stake in the business.
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.