Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
Croud continues to grow rapidly, and our industry is evolving. A competitive edge for digital advertisers will increasingly be found in how they leverage their proprietary technology to drive efficiency and deliver exceptional results for clients.
Croud is a digital agency unlike any other, as well as a core team of highly talented individuals across a huge range of disciplines, Croud operates a global network for freelance professionals (Croudies), this network provides unparalleled reach, scale and capacity to deliver work of the highest quality to our clients. Croud also invests heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams.
The Technical Support role plays a crucial role in helping drive the engineering effort forward, and in shaping Croud’s multi-stream product strategy. The successful candidate would report to the Director of Engineering, and would work closely with the Croud Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering and Product teams.
We’re looking for a Technical Support role to provide first level technical assistance for Croud Control - Croud’s flagship online service. Ultimately, you will be the first line of contact for Croud Tech to ensure that user experience is performant and trouble free.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, methodical and proactive individual who can triage issues raised by our users, investigate and identify root causes, and act as a vital bridge between users and engineering to ensure efficient resolution to those issues
This role requires both excellent communication skills and experience working with a complex web based application, drilling into issues by querying APIs and databases, and resolving directly where possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying recurring issues and supporting the engineering team by inspecting code and suggesting resolutions to defects.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always being helpful to one another
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our Shrewsbury office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
- Manage the Croud Tech support help desk and triage raised issues in accordance with a defined operating SLA
- Investigate all issues raised and advise on solutions where possible
- Test user journeys, API operations and compare data to validate or confirm issues
- Provide clear, reproducible and and comprehensive evidence to assist SRE or Engineering to provide a technical fix when appropriate
- Notifying the Site Reliability Engineer of any isolated or widespread performance issues reported by users.
- Logging & processing issues in Engineering Team Jira board
- Identify gaps or errors in Croud Tech support guides and update accordingly
- Line Manager: Director of Engineering
- Key stakeholders: Site Reliability Engineer
- Other stakeholders: Engineering Team, Product Team
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and end users equally
- Good writing skills are paramount to ensure problems are documented clearly and concisely.
- Ability to think logically with strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with web based helpdesk systems (Freshdesk, Jira service desk, Zendesk)
- A willingness to understand the Croud Control application as both a user, and also to have a reasonable understanding technically for efficient diagnosis of issues
- Experience working with APIs using a client such as Postman, and understanding OpenAPI (Swagger) documentation is useful
- An interest in understanding the Croud Control application stack is also useful, and working alongside the SRE will provide exposure to the architecture supporting the application
- Interactive Agency experience is a plus
- Driven with a logical and consistent approach to technical problem solving, with the ability to convey solutions in a clear and concise fashion to end users.
Croud offers a clear path to progression for all members of staff. We are committed to offering development opportunities alongside a support system of regular performance reviews. The opportunities are endless!
Croud offers competitive starting salaries alongside numerous company benefits. Every member of the team is offered share options in the company, meaning we all have genuine stake in the business.
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical Cash Plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile working policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.