Croud continues to grow rapidly, and our industry is evolving. A competitive edge for digital advertisers will increasingly be found in how they leverage their proprietary technology to drive efficiency and deliver exceptional results for clients.
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique business model - as well as a core team of highly talented individuals across a huge range of disciplines, Croud operate a global network for freelance professionals (Croudies). This network provides unparalleled reach, scale and capacity to deliver work of the highest quality to our clients. Croud also invest heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams.
The successful candidate in this role as a Python Developer would report to the Director of Engineering, and would work closely with the Croud Engineering and Product teams.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working with multiple stakeholders. The Croud Control application consists of a number of clearly separated services - primarily using Django Rest Framework (DRF), and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to assist the current Lead Python Developer in the delivery of an established and focussed roadmap by developing backend RESTful API features using DRF.
The Croud Engineering team fosters a true Devops culture, with the ability to manage not only the codebase, but the entire software lifecycle through to production. Croud Control is hosted on AWS infrastructure using config as code deployment principles, and the team seeks to leverage managed services to allow for the smallest, most effective means of feature development.
Whilst this is primarily a backend development role, a keen and enquiring mindset is naturally encouraged as the team encourages cross-pollination of experience where possible. This role offers the opportunity to gain experience in frontend development and architectural application decisions.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
- Working directly with the current Lead Python Developer, the Director of Engineering, Engineering and Product Teams to assist the development of Croud Control
- Supporting the maintenance of any developed APIs in accordance with defined style guides and coding standards
- Supporting the Software Development Lifecycle to ensure code is readily testable, from testing delivered features in integration environments, thorough and comprehensive code reviews and documenting intended usage to support the Croud QA process
- Create and maintain documentation to support any development of tools and operation in a production environment
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Ongoing management of bug fixes and product refinements
- Line Manager: Director of Engineering
- Key stakeholders: Product Director, Chief Technology Officer, Head of Product
- Other stakeholders: Engineering Team, Product Team
The most relevant skills, experience and responsibilities include:
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable production grade experience in web development in Python 3.*, Django and Django Rest Frameworks with excellent knowledge of the language and frameworks
- Experience with working with container based deployments - using Docker in local development
- Familiarity of common design patterns, modern frameworks and secure coding standards for API development - The Richard Maturity Model & Twelve-Factor App methodologies, for example
- Understanding of robust application design patterns, and how to implement cleanly and effectively
- Experience with AWS specific SAAS/PAAS features, such as serverless deployment options through Lambda or Fargate, application orchestration through pub-sub with SNS/SQS or similar is hugely beneficial
- Strong Postgres experience with the ability to build robust and optimised query operations using the Django model ORM, and also directly using SQL. Experience with alternative types of DB including variations of noSQL is also useful
- Ability to support the development and delivery of a feature, with the confidence to make technical decisions autonomously, and to clearly communicate the reasoning behind them
- Responsible for following coding standards, builds appropriate unit, integration and load tests, and deployment scripts across the team
- Responsible for translating specification documentation provided by the product team into clearly defined functionality
- Responsible for timely planning and execution of amendments due to relevant third party API updates
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.