Croud is a digital marketing agency with a unique business model, recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year.
We are looking for a driven and creative individual who is passionate about and has a strong interest in marketing, to help promote Croud as a digital marketing agency.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, results-driven, strive for success and have a desire to question and improve everything. A hard working, get stuck in attitude is key for this role.
The Marketing Executive will work closely with the global marketing team and wider commercial team - primarily across the UK market, but also supporting global initiatives - to develop and deliver successful marketing campaigns to drive demand for Croud’s services. They will also help to build the Croud brand amongst prospects, clients, employees, and other key influencers.
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager with the development and delivery of strategies and tactics to drive leads and build brand awareness
- Assisting in reporting on all marketing activity, including tracking costs and calculating ROI of specific initiatives
- Building strategic relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Taking a proactive approach and coming up with new ideas on a regular basis; taking a test and learn approach to drive continual optimisation
Your main activities/tasks as a Marketing Executive will be:
- Social media management: Managing Croud’s organic social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Paid social campaign management: Creating ideas and copy, and setting up paid social campaigns for Croud, including reporting on the results
- Content production: Working with the marketing team and teams across the business to ideate, draft, review and design content that helps to promote Croud’s expertise
- Event marketing and management: Assisting with the ideation and execution of Croud-run and partner events across all markets (for clients and prospects); coordinating attendance at relevant industry events; coming up with ideas for event sponsorship and implementing
- Supporting on the Croud website: Working with the internal team and members of the marketing team to ensure a steady flow of blogs and other content for the website
- Email marketing: Helping to coordinate the email and telemarketing process for Croud, including working with the business development team to identify target segments, building relevant lists, drafting email content, sending campaigns and tracking success and optimising accordingly
- Award entries and case studies: Supporting with the internal coordination of case study and award entry content; drafting case studies for all distribution channels (website, pitch presentations, award entries, email marketing etc.), coordination of award attendance as necessary
- PR and partnerships: Helping to repurpose content for use on external sites across all markets and managing Croud’s third-party listings
- Producing marketing collateral: Working closely with the business development teams to produce collateral as required, such as case studies, pitch decks etc.
- Croudie and internal comms: Helping with internal communications such as the Friday Five and internal sales updates; assisting with Croudie comms such as regular webinars, and suggesting ideas for improvement to both internal and Croudie communications
- Marketing team: Reporting directly to the Senior Marketing Manager and working closely with all members of the marketing team to deliver against team objectives
- Commercial Director: Part of the commercial team, reporting into the Commercial Director; assisting with ad hoc initiatives as required
- Croud co-founders (COO and CEO): Ultimately reporting to the co-founders; working with them on specific initiatives as required
- Business development team: Working closely with business development colleagues, particularly in the UK, to ensure sales and marketing is joined up and all marketing activity is complemented by appropriate sales follow-up; providing required collateral to sales teams as required
- BA/BSc degree in marketing or another related field
- Demonstrable marketing experience, ideally in B2B services
- Knowledge of and interest in digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and numerate, comfortable working with numbers and reporting on results
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Desirable: Experience of running marketing campaigns - from ideation to execution to reporting
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience of key marketing tools, such as content management systems (WordPress) and marketing automation software (HubSpot, MailChimp)
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.