Croud continues to grow rapidly, and our industry is evolving. A competitive edge for digital advertisers will increasingly be found in how they leverage their proprietary technology to drive efficiency and deliver exceptional results for clients.
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique business model - as well as a core team of highly talented individuals across a huge range of disciplines, Croud operate a global network for freelance professionals (Croudies). This network provides unparalleled reach, scale and capacity to deliver work of the highest quality to our clients. Croud also invest heavily in Technology and Tools to support the work of the teams.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working with multiple stakeholders. The role will form part of a new team dedicated to linking our network of digital specialists to a variety of third party systems and also developing internal tools to assist the agency. The role involves extensive interaction with third party services and partners, so knowledge of consuming and creating RESTful APIs is also essential.
The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. A logical mind-set coupled with the ability to think laterally is a must for this role.
The successful candidate will report to the Agency Technical Director, and will work closely with the Croud Engineering and Product teams.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
- Working directly with the Technical Director and Product Director to lead the development of Croud Tools
- Managing the maintenance of any developed tools, ensuring parity with third party API versions and feature deprecations
- Create and maintain documentation to support any development and operation in a production environment
- Work with other members of the company to help improve workflow and processes
- Ensure operations requirements are met prior to production deployment
- Assist triage and resolution for production issues as they arise
- Contribute to the improvement of the platform - suggest improvements to code, technology, architecture & workflow
- Successful delivery of the solutions to agreed timelines
- Ongoing management of bug fixes and product refinements
- Line Manager: Agency Technical Director
- Key stakeholders: Product Director, Chief Technology Officer, Head of Product
- Other stakeholders: Engineering Team, Product Team
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable in-depth experience in software development using Python with excellent knowledge of the language and libraries
- Familiarity of common design patterns, modern frameworks and secure coding standards
- Experienced with data manipulation from third party sources
- Responsible for following coding standards, builds appropriate unit, integration and load tests, and deployment scripts across the team
- Responsible for translating specification documentation provided by the product team into clearly defined functionality
- Responsible for developing, compiling and unit test building for delivery to QA.
- Responsible for timely planning and execution of amendments due to relevant third party API updates
- Knowledge of cloud computing deployments (AWS)
- Knowledge of front end development including modern frameworks such as VueJS
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.