Croud is a global, full-service, digital marketing partner with a rapidly growing in-house team of 200+ digital experts. Through the seamless connection of data, technology and creativity, Croud develops strategies for sustainable growth that drive immediate business impact.
We have recently been awarded Performance Marketing Agency of the Year in the Campaign's 2020 Agency of the Year UK and EMEA Awards!
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work.
Croud is recruiting an Operations Executive to work across all aspects of Croud’s business and markets.
The overall purpose of this role is to work with the operations leadership team to assist in the development of our operational capabilities, providing support across multiple initiatives including but not limited to, MI data analysis.
Working with key personnel across the organisation, the role will ensure that accurate reporting & project management support is in place to enable key strategic focuses for the business, assisting to provide the visibility & momentum to drive Croud forward as a business and ensuring operational excellence.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
Internal Processes Support
- Supporting the Operations Director to ensure that the necessary processes and communication of said processes are in place to allow for both team and personal development
- Working with the Operations Director to devise & maintain internal processes that will allow for the monitoring of team development across the business, to act as both an early warning system for the operations team, as well as an identification tool for delivering a clear pathway to progression for all individuals
Operational Excellence Support
- Working with the Operations director & MI team to monitor and improve upon MI data, developing clear, fact-based & easily actionable reporting methods in order to positively impact operational excellence across all revenue driving channels
- Regularly monitoring & analysing MI data to ensure that the business is performing as expected, and flagging any issues or concerns as soon as they arise
- Working with key stakeholders to identify, define and deliver continuous improvement across all operational areas
- Supporting the wider operations team in monitoring internal processes (such as Journal usage, HR policies, compliance etc)
Ad Hoc Project Management
- Support in the management & delivery of key business initiatives, working closely with Operations Director, Director of Digital Operations and the Chief of Global Operations to ensure project milestones are delivered on time and to a high degree of quality
- For any projects that you are aligned to, work with the wider Operations team in managing project progress, adapting work & approach where required
- Conduct regular project reviews, utilising all reporting & planning processes in order to generate detailed progress reports to be delivered to the wider team
- Reporting to the Operations Director - Shrewsbury, you will also work closely with the Director of Digital Operations and the Chief of Global Operations (CoGO)
- Direct Line Manager: Operations Director
- Key Stakeholders: CEO, CoGO, Director of Digital Operations, Global HR Director
- Other Stakeholders: UK MD, US MD, AU MD, Operational Channel Heads, HR Team, Training Team
- Degree level education or equivalent / relevant work experience
- Commercial awareness and a keen interest in operations/business management
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management and Project Ownership
- Highly organised and an ability to multi-task
- An interest in / passion for digital marketing would be desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and in Google products which must include Sheets, Docs and Slides
- Proficiency in data entry, working with and managing large amounts of data
- Proven track record of working to and meeting deadlines
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage tasks simultaneously.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A mathematical and analytical mind
- Strong communication, organisation, and presentation skills
- Experience of working in teams to meet a common goal
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Share option scheme
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.