Croud is a global, full-service, digital marketing partner with a rapidly growing in-house team of 200+ digital experts. Through the seamless connection of data, technology and creativity, Croud develops strategies for sustainable growth that drive immediate business impact.
We have recently been awarded Performance Marketing Agency of the Year in the Campaign's 2020 Agency of the Year UK and EMEA Awards!
We are looking for a Paid Media and Technology Executive to join our growing team. This is an entry level role ideal for someone who has a keen interest in technology, data analytics and wishes to have a client facing role in a fast paced environment.
The overall purpose of this role is to assist in the development of strong relationships with our Google Marketing Platform (GMP) clients whilst supporting their technical needs and enabling them to grow. In addition, you will act as a consultant to our internal teams and support in providing training in order to develop their technical ability and use of the GMP platforms.
As Paid Media and Technology Executive, your key responsibilities will revolve around contributing towards Croud teams overall KPIs - including working to agreed SLAs, client retention and growth targets - as well as delivering data and tech maturity audits for clients and presenting back in agreed timescales.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Working across the Google Marketing Platforms with a focus on analytics and data to drive insight
- Aiding in the delivery of the measurement onboarding process which currently includes, but is not limited to, the audit of The Google Marketing Platforms and Tag Management Solution containers
- Producing reports on the suitability of the set up compared to the requirements, and recommendations for any remedial work required
- Reviewing, or implementing, and testing client’s implementation of recommended changes to tracking set up, ensuring they meet the requirement
- Delivering first class, highly responsive support services to GMP clients
- Identifying analytics/data project opportunities and coordinating tasks for clients, including creating effective strategies to collect data, analyse information and implement analytics solutions
- Managing and employing the resources of our analytics Croudie Network
- Proactively contacting clients to grow usage, value from the product and spend
- Building highly valued working relationships with clients and sharing latest relevant digital news/insights
- Creating, updating and delivering technical training material
- Developing rounded understanding of Google Marketing Platform ecosystem including certification in Analytics 360, Campaign Manager and Search Ads 360 and Display & Video 360
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Maintaining knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies
- Acting as a consultant to Croud agency - supporting the delivery of training when required, developing knowledge, understanding and utilisation of tech products
- Delivering data and tech maturity audits for Croud clients and presenting back in agreed timescales
- Line Manager: Adtech Operations Manager
- Direct Reports: None
- Key Stakeholders: Data Solution teams, Google reps, GMP Clients, Marketing, Croud Agency Directors, AMs & AEs
- Project management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of technical concepts and passionate about technology
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with agility and accuracy
- Excellent customer service knowledge and delivery
- Demonstrate confidence in working with large datasets with the ability to turn data into insight
- Confidence to manage internal key stakeholders and wider team relationships
It will be advantageous if you also have:
- Knowledge of analytics (eg. Google Analytics)
- Prior work experience in digital account management and digital media platforms
- A good understanding of data manipulation tools (such as SQL)
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.