A genuinely different digital marketing agency. We do PPC, SEO, Social, Programmatic, Amazon, Content, Analytics and Strategy and Planning. We're in New York, London, Los Angeles, Sydney & Shrewsbury and work with independent digital specialists in nearly 100 international markets to complete projects for our diverse client portfolio.
We are looking for a highly intelligent, charismatic and creative thinking individual who is passionate about innovating with data to join our team in New York City.
Croud is recruiting a Data Strategy Director to work in the context of digital advertising and marketing.
Croud is a highly successful, fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work.
We are investing in Data Solutions as a strategic priority, and we want to add to our capabilities in the US with a Data Strategy Director. The global data team brings together a number of capabilities that sit within different parts of Croud, into one unit that will drive cutting edge development in a number of critical areas for the business.
This role will be responsible for consulting with clients on how best to use their data assets to maximize performance of their media. You’ll be expected to connect the dots between client needs and ensuring quality and timely delivery from internal Croud teams. The successful candidate will work to develop and expand our data services, and will contribute a healthy amount of their time to business development, with the aim to grow the team and the volume of work it delivers to clients.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
As Data Strategy Director, you will be leading Croud’s proposition and go to market strategy for
- Strategy: Delivering data strategies for clients - current and potential
- Activation (Launch and scale): Internal briefing and project managing to deliver tools and data science projects and scale where value is delivered
- Management: Managing and scaling the US team, where appropriate
- New Business: Work with new business teams on data proposition and pitch storytelling
- Innovation: Partnering with the Head of Data Science and Tools and VPs to drive the data innovation agenda for Croud globally
Typical projects will include;
- Clustering and predictive modelling that functions to optimize and enhance advertising bidding and targeting
- Studies of advertising effectiveness through a range of methodologies, which support media planning and inform marketing strategy
- Data integration and management with a focus on helping clients to realize the value of their first-party data in combination with third-party advertising platforms
- Data tools and products development, which increases agency capabilities and efficiency through automation, and by making data solutions widely usable, and which deliver data solutions as lasting assets to clients
This role would sit in a wider Data Solutions division which is housed in the UK and internationally. We want you to be part of the Data Solutions leadership team and community, contributing to our proposition and driving the business forward.
Your role would work closely with Digital Analytics, as well as Data Visualization, Adtech and Ad Ops. The successful candidate in this role as Data Strategy Director will report to the Director of Data Solutions and work closely with Croud’s Managing Director, VP of Biddable and VP of SEO in the US.
Investment in the team is seen as paying off in the medium to long term, therefore a set of holistic KPIs will judge success
How will success be measured?
- Successful projects conceptualized and completed for clients
- New business won
- Direct revenue of projects sold - special focus on the US
- Projects upsold and cross sold
How will success not be measured?
- On solely direct channel P&L performance
- Current client NPS/satisfaction
- Awards/Case studies
- Internal client satisfaction - operations
- In-depth demonstrable experience in data science
- Experience in senior client contact
- Experience managing a team
- Great communication and presentation skills, with good attention to detail
- Confidence in presenting and pitching, and preparing proposals
- Experience planning projects and resource
- Skills and experience in delivering most of the following, either directly or from a team you’ve directed
- Developing machine learning models for clustering and for predicting values, categorizations and affinities
- Attributing measures of success to the data features that drive them, and this may include calculating Shapley values
- Preparing data for modelling
- Visualizing and presenting data and the results of modelling, and this may include in interactive dashboards
- Using tools such as Causal Impact and methodologies such as Market Mix Modelling in studying advertising and media effectiveness
- Integrating data systems and automated ETL
- Cloud computing platforms and using them to train and test predictive models, and host them as web services
- Designing tests to evaluate a range of advertising applications including creative effectiveness, fatigue, and optimal frequency among others
- Skill and experience with both Python and/or R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Data Science experience, as described here, all in the context of digital marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing industry and the services that Croud offers
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform
- 20 days vacation a year + 10 public holidays
- Full Paid Medical Insurance (including dental and vision)
- Equity in Croud US upon completion of 6 months
- Annual performance bonus
- Sales commission (if involved in a pitch)
- Gym Membership contributions (Classpass or NYHRC)
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals, snacks, soft drinks and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair & screen
- Quarterly team offsites / Regular socials
- Free Citibike membership
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Agile working policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.