Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work.
We are investing in Data Solutions (Within that Data Science & Tools) as a strategic priority. The team brings together a number of capabilities that sat within different parts of Croud, into one unit that will drive cutting edge development in a number of critical areas for the business.
We would like to bring in a Data Scientist with marketing experience to report into the "Head of Data Science & Tools”.
We’re building a team to keep Croud in its market-leading position. Data Science & Tools will invent solutions and deliver them in ways that no-one has thought of, yet. The team is one part of a wider Data Solutions division. It works closely with Digital Analytics, as well as Data Visualisation, Adtech and Ad Ops. The successful candidate in this role as Data Scientist will report to the Head of Data Science & Tools.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
This role is focused on developing and delivering services the team provides for Croud’s clients, including:
- Predicting the lifetime value of newly acquired customers and making this metric available in near real-time (so that it can drive advertising platform bidding algorithms)
- Determining the propensity for a website user or new sales lead to purchase
- Identifying clusters within a customer dataset in order to reveal marketing insight and define audiences for advertising targeting
- Revealing how performance can be attributed to the visual and auditory characteristics of display and video advertising creative
The Data Science & Tools team also provides services in studying advertising Effectiveness, in integrating and managing data, and in developing tools and automation. We expect that the whole team will work in a fluid, collaborative and supportive manner. Nobody’s work is tied stringently to a spec. Every skill in the team might be applied to solve each problem in Effectiveness, Prediction and Tools Development.
Success in the Data Scientist role means developing your capabilities. The Data Science & Tools team will help to drive the progress of Croud’s capabilities, so we’ll need data scientists who are themselves pushing their skills and knowledge, and their effectiveness at work.
How will success be measured?
- Achievement of the personal development targets you agree
- Your record of improving and broadening Croud’s products and services
- Timely and effective delivery of your contribution to projects for clients
- Client satisfaction
How will success not be measured?
- A single productivity metric or some flawed judgement of your contribution to P&L revenue
- Contribution to awards, case studies and marketing material
- Internal client satisfaction, i.e. from your colleagues in the operations teams
- Effective and supportive collaboration
- Demonstrable experience in data science
- Skills and experience in developing machine learning models for clustering and for predicting values, categorisations and affinities
- Experience attributing measures of success to the data features that drive them, and this may include calculating Shapley values
- Experience preparing data for modelling
- Experience visualising and presenting data and the results of modelling, and this may include in interactive dashboards
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and using them to train and test predictive models, and host them as web services
It will be advantageous if you also have:
- Experience with machine learning solutions for processing visual and auditory data, and natural language
- Experience with tools such as CausalImpact and methodologies such as Market Mix Modelling in studying advertising and media effectiveness
- Skills and experience with both Python and R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Data Science experience, as described here, in the context of digital marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing industry and the services that Croud offers
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.