We are recruiting for a Head of Data Science & Tools to work in the context of digital advertising and marketing.
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique agency operating model, which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work.
We are investing in Data Solutions as a strategic priority, and we want to add to our Data Science & Tools team with a new Head of that team. The team brings together a number of capabilities that sat within different parts of Croud, into one unit that will drive cutting edge development in a number of critical areas for the business.
This role will oversee the provision of the team’s services for clients and other teams within the agency. The successful candidate will work to develop and expand those services, and will contribute to business development, with the aim to grow the team and the volume of work it delivers to clients.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
As Head of Data Science & Tools, you will be leading a team that works on the following areas:
- Clustering and predictive modelling that functions to optimise and enhance advertising bidding and targeting
- Studies of advertising Effectiveness through a range of methodologies, which support media planning and inform marketing strategy
- Modelling that revealing how performance can be attributed to the visual and auditory characteristics of display and video advertising creative
- Data integration and management with a focus on helping clients to realise the value of their first-party data in combination with third-party advertising platforms
- Data tools and products development, which increases agency capabilities and efficiency through automation, and by making data solutions widely usable, and which deliver data solutions as lasting assets to clients
The Data Science & Tools team is one part of a wider Data Solutions division. It works closely with Digital Analytics, as well as Data Visualisation, Adtech and Ad Ops. The successful candidate in this role as Head of Data Science & Tools will report to the Director of Data Solutions and work closely with Croud’s Managing Director in the UK.
Investment in the team is seen as paying off in the medium to long term, therefore a set of holistic KPIs will judge success.
How will success be measured?
- New business won
- Direct revenue of projects sold - special focus on the US
- Efficiency created for the agency in tools - i.e. can we remove the £7.5k a month of PPC daily checks completely?
- Reduced client refunds
- Projects upsold and cross sold
How will success not be measured?
- On solely direct channel P&L performance
- Current client NPS/satisfaction
- Awards/Case studies
- Internal client satisfaction - operations
- In-depth demonstrable experience in data science
- Experience in managing a team
- Great communication and presentation skills, with good attention to detail
- Confidence in presenting and pitching, and preparing commercial proposals
- Experience planning projects and resource
- Skills and experience in delivering most of the following, either directly or from a team you’ve directed
- Developing machine learning models for clustering and for predicting values, categorisations and affinities
- Attributing measures of success to the data features that drive them, and this may include calculating Shapley values
- Preparing data for modelling
- Visualising and presenting data and the results of modelling, and this may include in interactive dashboards
- Machine learning solutions for processing visual and auditory data, and natural language
- Using tools such as CausalImpact and methodologies such as Market Mix Modelling in studying advertising and media effectiveness
- Integrating data systems and automated ETL
- Developing automations and packaging these as tools
- Cloud computing platforms and using them to train and test predictive models, and host them as web services
- Skills and experience with both Python and/or R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Data Science experience, as described here, all in the context of digital marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing industry and the services that Croud offers
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Google Marketing Platform
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.