Croud is a global, full-service, digital marketing partner with a rapidly growing in-house team of 200+ digital experts. Through the seamless connection of data, technology and creativity, Croud develops strategies for sustainable growth that drive immediate business impact.
With some of the best talent, custom-built tech and the world’s first crowd-sourced network of digital experts, Croud reaches every corner of the world, giving our teams a wealth of opportunity to be challenged working in a fast-paced environment, constantly learn and develop new skills, and connect with other digital specialists around the globe.
Founded in 2011, Croud is proud to partner with some of the world’s leading brands, including Vans, IWG, AXA IM, and The North Face - leading media strategy, performance marketing and digital experiences.
We are looking for a highly intelligent, charismatic and creative thinking individual who is passionate about digital marketing, in particular SEO. The successful candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and have a desire to question everything. An analytical mind-set coupled with a creative flair is a must for this role along willingness to take a risk, challenge and push through change.
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Director of Organic Performance and a team of Snr. Account Managers, Managers and Executives in implementing a best in class SEO strategy for key clients. You will be responsible for the management and delivery of SEO scopes for our clients, using both internal resource and our network of specialists, in order to achieve client business objectives and targets.
You will be responsible for the effective implementation of client Account Development Plans (ADPs) in order to achieve client’s annual business objectives and targets as well as contributing to new business pitches and our innovation processes to ensure we always remain cutting edge in our craft.
- Development and execution of client strategy to increase profit, and provide great customer service to clients
- Work together with wider teams to devise and deliver Account Development Plans (ADPs) for each client to sustain and grow client performance
- Manage profitability of client accounts, ensuring resource is paced correctly to avoid under or over service
- Work with Director of Organic Performance and our Snr. Account Directors to input into overall direction of department
- Pioneer direction of department across the team
- Develop, mentor and train team members, both remotely and in person
- Ensure client accounts are following SEO best practice, ensuring that hygiene factors are monitored and managed accordingly
- Play an active role in defining SEO best practice and scalable processes
- Stay up to date with new market tools and opportunities, which would support client strategy or Croud’s product offering, and share to the wider team
- Surprise and delight clients through innovation, knowledge share & insight; highlighting successes on a weekly basis (monthly for smaller clients). Support SEO Managers & Executives to adopt this approach to client management & performance.
- Provide reporting and measurement of the effectiveness of campaigns, ensure client reports are delivered on time and accurately
- Share learnings with the wider Social, Display, PPC and Analytics teams to drive performance and efficiencies
- Provide direction and guidance to the SEO Executives and Managers to deliver excellence in required communication and client service standards for each client as well as generally
- Direct line manage a team of SEO Executives and Managers, managing monthly 1:1s and Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPRs), mentor new team members to become operational in their roles quickly and efficiently
- Advocate knowledge share, drive delivery of cross channel processes and sharing of tools. Lead by example and drive the team to share knowledge cross team and cross channel
- Innovate new technologies and ways of working, monitor market trends in order to support internal growth and efficiency strategies. Support and contribute to the development of the tech roadmap
- Oversee regular or ad hoc projects and delivery of projects within the team.
- Contribute to the new business process and oversee management of sales support delivery from the team as required / requested by the sales team.
- Identify areas of development within existing business to upsell digital services where relevant across your client portfolio
- Drive overall performance within the team to achieve margin and incremental revenue month on month
- Proactively identify workflow efficiencies to counter ineffective process within the team - new ways of working, continuous process improvement
- Proactively use all tools and technologies at your disposal, identify and share emerging tools and technologies that could contribute to the development of Croud’s SEO offering or workflows
- Contributing to and supporting Croud marketing activities including wihtepapers, blog posts and speaking opportunities
- Degree level education or relevant equivalent experience
- In-depth demonstrable experience in Digital Marketing
- In-depth demonstrable experience in SEO advertising
- Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation skills
- A mathematical and analytical mind
- Exceptional client service skills
- Highly organised and an ability to multi-task
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
- Proven time management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- The ability to autonomously identify opportunities, generate ideas and formulate strategies
- Leadership skills: managing direct reports, a motivator
- Demonstrable line management experience, mentoring & training
- Proven experience in client expectation management roles and situations, able to manage and direct client expectations
- Clear passion for digital marketing and SEO
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm, there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.